Recipe: Chocolate Truffles
- 16 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- cocoa powder for coating
- Combine the heavy cream with the vanilla bean, split and seeds scrapped into the cream.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove from the heat.
- Let seep for 30 minutes.
- Return the cream with vanilla bean to the heat and bring to a boil.
- Strain cream over the chopped chocolate.
- Whisk to combine.
- Let set at room temperature overnight.
- Once set, roll into balls and coat with cocoa powder.